Update notes for Countryballs at War version full 0.2.
Fixed many bugs and made some tweaks to create a better gameplay experience.
- New countries; the Zulu Kingdom and Liberia
- New units; Tribal Hunter, Spearman, Warrior, African Archer, and African Musketeer.
- Two new unlock countryball mechanics.
- Ability to annex puppet states.
- Randomized AI option at the start of the game.
- Player can now see if the country will accept or decline the diplomatic request before sending it.
- Added power comparison bar to combat panel.
- Defenders now start on the right side of the combat terrain.
- Three rebellions will now cause the country to be gone.
- Clicking a unlock unit box now shows the unit’s total stats.
- Default map skin changed as in the game trailer.
- Combat loot is now divided between the countries that joined it.
- Player’s units in combat now start moving as soon as the combat starts.
- Now, only some countries’ AI prefer to attack and colonize lands far away from their mainland.
- Fixed a bug where countryball collections would suddenly reset.
- Fixed a bug where some melee units were doing rifle animation.
- Fixed a bug where the main menu and character selection panels would merge.
- Fixed a bug where combat earnings/expenses would give different amounts than written.
- Fixed a bug where canceled recruits would not give the resources back.
- Fixed a bug where after recruiting, upgrading, and unlocking units, resource texts wouldn’t update.
- Fixed a bug where a country would declare war or become allies with one of its puppets’ puppets.
- Fixed a bug where the game wouldn’t give any food after capturing all territories.
- Fixed a bug that would cause units to duplicate after combat.
- Fixed a bug that would cause some combats never to end.
- Fixed a bug that would cause combat losers to earn money instead of losing.
- Fixed a critical bug where players can win any battle by dragging units to enemies’ areas.
- Fixed a bug where ‘Play Count’ text would appear every time as 0 in the character selection panel.
- Fixed a bug where each country would show as their own enemy when they became a puppet state.
- Fixed some wrong translations.
- Fixed a bug where countries would be able to join the same battles more than one time.
- Fixed a bug where units would pass through others in combat deployment.
- Fixed a bug where weapon sounds wouldn’t get affected by the game sound volume.
- Fixed a bug where some unlocked units would become locked again after some time.
- Fixed a bug where the game would give different food each turn than written in the reports panel.
- Fixed a bug where Pirates’ allies, enemies, and puppets would suddenly reset after they arrived a second time.
- Fixed a bug where AI would never recruit some units.
- Character loading screen now does not lock the game for some time.
- Loading screen durations between map and combat are now 3x shorter.
- Swipe and zoom values changed to make the camera movement smoother.
- Auto resolve now does not reload the scene.
- Clicking big countries in observe mode does not lag the game anymore.
- Small graphic improvements
- Now, every unit has the same constant movement speed.
- Countries now prefer recruiting strong units in the late game.
- The cannon range is now bigger, but its health is lower.
- The maximum reachable happiness value is now 200.
- Countries now manage their food and money better.
- Losing battles and territories now decrease happiness more.
- Winning battles now give more money.
- Villagers and militias are now balanced to become weak in the late game.
- Added a new upgrade tree for some units.